Gramona Imperial Brut
Have you tasted this product?
- Guía Peñín 93/100
- Parker score 92/100
Gramona Imperial Brut
INFORMATION OF INTEREST Gramona Imperial Brut 2014
Colour: Clean, clear and bright. Pale yellow with golden highlights. Fine and persistent pearl. Very nice to see.
Aroma: On the nose, it is the intensity and the perfect harmony between the aromas. At first contact, hints of ripe apple and vine peach stand out, which are linked with the suggestive and fresh citrus notes of the lemon peel. Within minutes it evolves favorably, offering us the most mature aromas of the aging process, where touches of marzipan and toasted cream will end the experience.
Taste: Entry into the mouth where it is broad, lively and tremendously refreshing. Fine and well integrated bubbles dance with a subtle and elegant creaminess. A sparkling wine that year after year shows its personality and firmness.
Gramona Imperial is, above all, very versatile. It can be taken throughout the meal. From the appetizer to the table.
"Gramona has been working its land uninterruptedly since the mid-19th century. Six generations of a family of winemaking tradition who for years have worked with respect and passion for the land and with an indisputable quality seal. True to a sustainable philosophy for our environment, we resort to biodynamic agriculture for growing our vineyards and for making our wines and sparkling wines "
Organic and biodynamic viticulture:
Based on the careful observation and treatment of the factors that influence our land and its habitat. We do not apply chemical herbicides or pesticides, we use natural resources with the main objective of maintaining the balance of the environment and we maintain spontaneous vegetal cover to obtain fluffy soil. Through biodynamics, a step beyond ecology, we live our vineyards and seek to increase their biodiversity levels: we apply infusions and decoctions of plants to avoid pests, and we make our own preparations and our own animal compound and vegetables from our medicinal vegetable garden and from our cows, sheep and horses farm.
We take responsibility for every step of our winemaking, from the field to the bottle. We harvest the grapes manually in 25kg boxes, use a selection table, enter the grapes by gravity and press whole. We use the heads and hearts (52.5%) of the fractional with our specialized presses for whole grape pressing, with farms from our 12 Alliance Partners for the Earth. The touch of expedition liqueur that comes from our century-old sill gives the unmistakable signature of the house, a symbol of elegance that has made this sparkling wine a classic. Moderate dosage of 6 grams per liter.
- Guide Peñín 2020. 93 points.
- Gourmets Guide 2020. 91 points in blind tasting.
- Guide of Wines of Catalonia 2020. 9,58 points, within the Best, in blind tasting.
- Wine Advocate. 92 points.
- Jancis Robinson. 17 points. Tested by Ferran Centelles: "A soft and perfectionist profile. It is as if it has all the qualities of a good sparkling wine. It has a little bit of everything, everything in balance and with elegance."
- Proensa Guide 2020. 93 points.
- Decanter World Wine Awards 2020. Silver. 90 points.
- CSWWC (Champagne & Sparkling Wine World Championship). Gold Medal.
- Yearbook of Wines Ed. The Country 2020. 94 points.
- Wine Guide of the Wine Week 2020. Best Sparkling.