Wednesday, December 6 wine store will be open from 10.00 am to 1.30pm. The others days of the week, the wine Store will be open at regular hours
The Montilla-Moriles PDO currently has 4,770 hectares, compared to 19,400 hectares in the 1980s.
Wine vinegar is also a product traditionally produced in the "Montilla-Moriles" area, aged with the same aging systems, which can only be applied with the mastery and knowledge acquired by the winemakers in the aging of fortified wines of the area: Aging vinegars: vinegar covered by this PDO that has been subjected to a certain aging system and period, distinguishing the following categories:
- "Añada": subjected to a static aging period for a time equal to or greater than three years. If the aging is carried out by the dynamic system of "criaderas y soleras", according to the aging period we can distinguish:
- "Crianza": if the aging period in wood has been at least six months,
- "Reserva": if the aging period in wood has been at least two years,
- "Gran Reserva": when they have undergone at least ten years of aging in wood.
Depending on the addition of musts of the corresponding varieties, the following types are distinguished, which, in turn, may correspond to any of the categories described in the previous point:
- "Pedro Ximénez vinegar": to which raisined grape musts of the Pedro Ximénez variety are added during the aging process,
- "Muscatel vinegar": to which raisined or non-raisined grape musts of the Muscatel variety are added during the aging process.
Select the option that best suits what you are looking for