Els Amelers Lafou Blanc

Vintage:
2019
 
Vintage chart
Types:
White Unfortified still wines
Capacity:
0,75 L.
Alcohol content:
13,5º
Winery:
Lafou Celler
Country:
Spain
D.O:
D.O. Terra Alta
Varieties:
Allergens:
Contains sulfites
Wines D.O. Terra Alta   (Spain - Catalonia)
Photo Els Amelers Lafou Blanc white wine

Els Amelers Lafou Blanc

 
2018 90
2017 92
2016 91
2013 92
   
 
2018 90
   
   
   
   

INFORMATION OF INTEREST Els Amelers Lafou Blanc 2019

TASTING NOTE

Colour: Pale yellow colour with straw tones, bright.

Aroma: On nose, its citric notes (grapefruit, lemon pip) surrounded by white flower (jasmine) appeal. Slowly sweet fruit aroma (apricot) appear against a nutty background (green almonds) and flint, which give the sensation of volume and complexity in a wine predominated by its intial freshness that is mantained over time.

Taste: The flow in mouth combines the great varietal structure with an acidity that tenses the whole, highlighting the lively character and extending the citric and floral perception, around which the strength of the Grenache Blanc unfolds. Generous and refined, it mantains an elegant, powerful balance, echoing the Terra Alta region.

MATCHING

Perfect with all types of salads and rice dishes of all kinds and taste complexities. Perfect with a good assortment of cheeses.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

LaFou els Amelers is a white wine from the D.O. Terra Alta produced by the Lafou winery. This wine is a monovarietal variety Garnacha Blanca.

LaFou els Amelers grains come from old vines of the 60 hectares of land that the winery owns. These are located about 400 meters high, near the municipality of Batea, in the province of Tarragona, where the winery facilities are located.

Upon arrival at the winery, the LaFou els Amelers grape macerated with their skins for four days and then gently pressed at low temperatures.

90% of the must obtained is transferred to stainless steel tanks where, along with its lees, the wine rests for about four months. The remaining 10% of the wine, during this same time, ages in roasted oak barrels of 300 liters capacity.

At the end of this phase, the coupage of wines from different containers is made and LaFou els Amelers goes through a process of clarification and cold stabilization before being bottled.

Fou, in Catalan, means ravine or narrow passage, through which river courses pass: one of the most typical and beautiful forms of the geography of the Terra Alta.

RATINGS BY OUR CUSTOMERS

Indicate your rating
 
User:
Francescnc
Date:
11/05/2020
         

   Garnatxa molt ben equilibrada.
Molt fàcil de beure.
Amb un bon projecte darrera. Molt aconsellable.

 
User:
Lafou Amelers
Date:
04/05/2020
         

   Espectacular, sorprenent amb aroma evoluciona amb intensitat, boca plena equilibrada intensa, sorprenent

 
User:
Tastaller de Gelida
Date:
05/04/2016
         

   Malauradament ens ha sortit aquesta ampolla amb un acusat “gust de tap”. Som conscients de l’accidentalitat d’aquest defecte i així ho em comunicat al celler donant el nº de lot. Hem estat atesos amb rapidesa i atenció.

Els Amelers Lafou Blanc, white wine D.O. Terra Alta, one of the more than 9000 products you can find in our online shop.

 
DO YOU NEED HELP?

This website uses its own as well as third party cookies to improve your experience and collect statistical information on browsing. This website uses its own as well as third party cookies to improve your experience and collect statistical information on browsing.