Have you tasted this product?
- Parker score 100/100
INFORMATION OF INTEREST Chateau d'Yquem 2015
Colour: A straw-gold to dark amber, depending on age.
Aroma: Marked fruit, apricot, tangerine, tropical fruit occasionally, oak, vanilla and toasted aromas. Honey, hazelnuts and quince. Very complex.
Taste: Rich and oily, they are nuts, dried apricot, plum jam, spices, cinnamon, licorice, saffron and sometimes flowers. In general a combination of fruit and acidity with notes of mandarin marmalade. Sometimes a bitter taste that contributes to harmony. Long and mythical endless.
The spectacular nature of this wine makes it perfect to take on alone, although a potential so high that we're allowed to be used with contrasting pairings and dishes with fat mouth sensations. Ideal with foie, compotes and desserts choicest confectionery.
He's a legend, and for many the best wine. Like all great wines, is the result of a series of natural circumstances, and above all, a very particular and meticulous preparation.
The property is extensive, is situated on a hill where the castle stands up to its name, 104 hectares planted with 80% Sémillon and Sauvignon Blanc in the remaining 20%. All years are started approximately 3 acres of old vines, with the dual purpose of ground and rest the remains room for new plantings.
The terrain consists of a surface layer of sandy clay and gravelly limestone resting on a deep and great care is drained through a system installed in 1880.
At harvest time, a great team of people work for 6 to 8 weeks, as the harvest is carried out grain by grain, only the overripe, repeating this process 11 times in a single strain.
Within the magic of this wine, Lur-Saluces family never has explained in vinification operations. A very low yield per vine (which can be as 9-10Hl/Ha) attached to an upbringing more than three years in new oak barrels.